Local church servicing the community since 1860 and home to memorials of some of the area’s early pioneers
Uniting Church Glenmore is located along Moore’s Way and has been servicing the community since 1860.
Building commenced 1859 on land given by Joseph Moore. James Rogers of Picton was given the contract to build and local builder, Mr. Stokes, carried out the work. Elizabeth Moore, laid the foundation stone.
There is a stone set over the porch of Glenmore Uniting Church giving the date of 1860. The first service was held in March that year. The cemetery alongside the church contains the headstones and memorials to some of the area’s early pioneers.
Please note a number of churches in Wollondilly are only open to the public during specific service hours, to view the interior of the church or for any private services outside these hours please contact the relevant caretaker for more information.