It's time to get into the festive spirit! Wollondilly is the perfect destination for all of your Christmas needs. From celebrating with your colleagues and friends, Christmas shopping, selecting the perfect tree, giving to others and fantastic local events, the Dilly has it all.
One - Host your Christmas Party at one of our fabulous venues
After a long and tedious 2021, it’s time to get into the festive spirit and treat your friends or colleagues to a Christmas gathering they will still be talking about into the New Year. The Dilly is the perfect choice for your next celebration with fantastic eatery options, fun activities and great small town service.
Wollondilly has an enticing selection of café’s, restaurants and pubs perfect to host your end of year celebrations. If you want the wow factor, book a 3 course dinner and top notch bottle of wine at Vaby’s Picton or the Captains Quarters. If you’re on the hunt for casual dining and an open bar check out our extensive list of popular Pubs & Clubs located all around the region. Maybe your group is more into coffee, light lunches and something sweet? In that case we have a number of popular cafes, bakeries, patisseries and more.
Now that restrictions are easing and we can get out and about again why not add an activity before or after your Christmas celebration. Enjoy team bonding over cuddling dingoes at our Sanctuary, creating wreaths with a local florist, picking punnets of strawberries or hitting a round of mini golf. Check out our Dilly experiences for some inspiration!
Two - Do your Christmas shopping at our local businesses
This year it’s time to forget about boring, ‘same old’ Christmas gifts. The beauty of shopping in small towns is you’re bound to come across unique gifts you won’t find anywhere else. Treat your loved ones to something special this year and support local businesses at the same time!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Support local artists and artisans at Earth Air Fire Water Organics in Bargo
- Find unique and eclectic goodies at Hippy Luxe, Forest of Wisdom, The Kids Cottage Toy Boutique in Picton and The Bowerbirds Nest of Treasures in Warragamba
- Browse environmentally friendly and ethically sourced home wares, apparel and gifts at the Elephant Emporium, Nala + Wild, Pixie & Stone and Ruuska in Picton
- Discover the latest trends in men’s fashion at Quarryman Surf in Picton and Jack Star Clothing at the Oaks
- Be inspired and style your home at Tanya’s Trinkets, Stonequarry Country Bumpkin or Timeless Treasures in Picton. Make sure you take home some hand-made fudge!
- Pick up all your equestrian apparel at Saddle Up Western Ware in Bargo, Equissentials in Tahmoor or at The Western Ranch Mount Hunter
The Dilly will also be open for late night shopping, featuring tradional carolers on December 10 – set your alarms!
Three - Buy a real and local Christmas tree
Once you buy a real Christmas tree you won’t go back! Pick a beautiful tree grown with love right here on Dilly soil from our of our specialist suppliers Top 40 Orchard or Razorback Christmas Tree Farm. Note pre-orders are now open to secure your tree!
Four - Support the community
The festive season is always a time for giving, especially to those who are most in need. Keep an eye out on local initiatives lead by organisations such as Community Links and donate to their annual toy drive.
Five - Head to Christmas in the Gardens
Get the family together for the inaugural Wollondilly Twilight Christmas markets on 10 December 2021! Browse the amazing stallholders laid out across the gardens, have your photo taken with Santa, visit the face painter and get some yummy food for dinner before settling in for a family friendly outdoor movie.