Winter is a beautiful season full of frosty mornings, filtered sun light, warm fireplaces, hearty foods and of course who can forget the marshmallows and fluffy slippers. Some might not know it, but winter is one of the best times to get out and explore something new. Avoid the temptation to hibernate and make the most of the chilly weather with cozy accommodation, rugging up for the outdoors and embracing the cool crisp air.
We’ve put together a check list to help inspire and plan your visit to the Dilly this winter.
- Take a relaxing stroll, scoot or bike ride along the 6km Picton Botanic Gardens walking track. Pack a picnic or cook up a BBQ while the kids hit the playground.
- Enjoy a steamy hot chocolate and freshly baked treat at one of our many popular local cafés, pie shops or bakeries.
- Step back in time and experience a steam train ride at the NSW Rail Museum. Wander the museum and view Australia’s largest collection of rolling stock.
- Appease your inner daredevil and jump out of a plane at 14,000 feet overlooking Wollondilly, the mountains and city skyline at Sydney Skydivers.
- Stop for lunch and spend some time amongst our native animals and bushland at the gorgeous Australian Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Take your enemies or allies down with bullets of colour on the 120 acre Ultimate Paintball battlefield in Cawdor.
- Bask in the great outdoors and spot the natives at the popular bird watching and bush walking spot, Thirlmere Lakes National Park.
- Hunker down in a cottage style farm stay complete with a fireplace, stunning views, walking tracks and friendly animals.
- Get a group together and learn how to create your own seasonal wreath or table piece in a Wildflora Studio workshop at Thirlmere.
- Stay within the comfort of your car and take a Scenic Drive around Wollondilly taking in the attractions, rolling hills and rich history.