St Mark’s Anglican Church opened its doors in 1844 and can still be admired today in the small town of Appin.
Church of England services were originally conducted in Appin by clergy travelling out from St. Peters Campbelltown as early as 1829. Appin received it’s very own Anglican Church in 1844 when construction was completed and the church dedicated to St. Mark. The beautiful brick church was consecrated on St Mark’s day 25 April 1843 by Bishop Broughton-Bishop of Calcutta.
Please note a number of churches in Wollondilly are only open to the public during specific service hours, to view the interior of the church or for any private services outside these hours please contact the relevant caretaker for more information.